Coloma Township Park District
CO-ED SLOWPITCH SOFTBALL ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
The Coloma Township Park District held an organizational meeting on Thursday, May 16th at 5:30 p.m. at the Little Red Schoolhouse for its Annual Co-ed Church Slowpitch Softball League. Organizers stated that the league will consist of eight teams playing on the ball diamonds in Centennial Park and each team must provide their own equipment and uniforms if desired. Topics discussed included rules, entry fees, schedules and rosters.
According to Rec Supervisor, Michele (Salvatori) Kreczmer, every team will play a season of 14 games. Trophies will be awarded to the top three places in the league. The league will play on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The league will play on the softball diamonds in Centennial Park. Game times will be 6:00 P.M. and, 7:00 P.M. on the “B” and "C" Diamonds. Each team must consist of at least two female players. Each game will be officiated by one registered umpire behind the plate and a neutral player from another team will officiate on the base(s). The $385 entry fee includes umpires; balls and trophies for league and tournament play as well as equipment for and maintenance of the ball diamonds.
The league will play eight weeks of regular season play plus two weeks of tournament play. Play will begin the on May 28th and end on August 1st.
Team registration will be taken at the Coloma Township Park District
Coloma Township Park District
Fall: Co-ed Softball Rules
1. Pitching Mat and Home Plate are strikes.
2. When women are batting the outfielders must stay back 150 feet until the ball is hit.
3. Base Runners must pull up to avoid collisions at 2nd, 3rd, and home plate. Failure to do so will mean ejection from the game. Second Offense: Additional disciplinary action will be taken.
4. A Team will Field 10 players. 3 women must be in the field at all times. If a team is short a woman that position will NOT be filled. (Team will play with 9 fielders. If a woman is injured during the play that team may substitute a male to finish that inning only. (That male may NOT bat in the woman’s spot.)
5. A Team will Bat 10 players. 3 women MUST bat or an out will be taken in that slot and NO Designated Hitter (#11) will be allowed to bat. If three women do bat, then the Designated Hitter (#11) will be allowed to bat.
A. Before the game, teams can discuss with the other team about having a continuous batting order. (Manager’s Discretion) All three ladies are required to bat in the first eleven of the batting order.
6. A team can start a game with not less than eight players and one must be a woman.
7. When a woman comes to bat, she has the option to choose either an 11” softball or a 12” softball to hit. Men Must use the 12” softball provided.
8. Teams should exchange lineups prior to the start of the game.
9. League will have an Open Curtsy Runner Rule – Which means anyone can have a Curtsy Runner after their initial hit. But the Pinch Runner must be the last person on their team who made an out. One per inning.
10. Number of games equals 14 plus a Double Elimination Post Season Tournament. (Seeded Brackets)
11. League will start Tuesday, May 28, 2019.
12. Eligible players must be 17 years and older.
13. Players can be added to roster up until the last 2 games of the season.
14. Churches with 2 teams may designate 1 sub to play on their second team. This player can only sub on the second team to make the 8th player. The sub must set out at the end of the inning that an 8th regular player arrives.
15. If a team must forfeit a game due to lack of players, they can then borrow players from the other team and play a practice game which the umpire will work. No one can play a League game unless on a roster, except for the practice game. 16. Rainouts will be rescheduled by the League Director.
17. NO stealing or bunting allowed.
18. Catcher masks are optional but certainly encouraged.
19 Team uniforms are optional but certainly encouraged.
20. Home Runs – Each team is allowed 3 Home Runs over the fence per game. Each additional Home Run over the fence will be counted as a single.
21. Every game will play 1 hour or seven innings, with the following exceptions:
A. Five complete innings (or 41/2 if the home team is ahead) will Constitute a game in case of rain or darkness forces termination of the game. (Umpire's decision)
B A team cannot score more than 10 runs per inning. Once this is met, they will than go to defense.
C. 7TH INNING ONLY
In the 7th inning only, if the home team is losing by 10 or more runs, they will be allowed to score enough runs to win the game. Once inning begins teams will be allowed to play the entire inning even if the time limit is exceeded.
22. All protests must be declared before the next pitch after the incident. They must also be written and into the Coloma Township Park District Office within 24 hours and accompanied by a $10.00 fee. If the protest is accepted, the fee shall be returned; but if not, the fee will remain in the League fund.
23. The hesitation pitch is prohibited.
24. Players are not to smoke on the field or in the dugouts.
25. A fouled second strike will constitute an out. The League will play 3 balls and 2 strike count.
26. The number to call for information about the games in questionable weather is 625-0272. Please call after 4:30 PM
27. The league will play under the official ASA Slowpitch Rules unless otherwise stated.
28. In the event of a two team win/loss record tie at the end of the season, the following will be the criteria for deciding place finish:
A. How each team's record stands against the other.
B. Number of runs scored against team with the same record.
C. Total Number of runs scored in all of the regular season games.
29. All games must start promptly at the same time listed so that teams playing the next game can get started on time.
30. No player can transfer from one team to another after he once starts playing on a team. If the team should drop out of the league, those playing and wishing to continue to play can play for any team they wish as long as the team's roster is not final.
31. All unnecessary roughness, profanity or any unsportsmanlike conduct will mean immediate dismissal from the game. Any person being ejected from the ballgame for any reason will be an ineligible player or coach for the next game on the next night his team plays. The League Director will support the official's decision 100%. The officials can at any time eject a player, team manager or spectator from the field for unnecessary roughness, profanity, or any unsportsmanlike conduct.
32. No player will be allowed to play if there is evidence he has been drinking prior to a game. The league official's decision will be final.
33. Merely touching an umpire means automatic ejection from the game and the league for the season.
NOTICE: TELL ALL PLAYERS ON YOUR TEAM THIS.
34. The official score card will be kept by the league official.
35. The Coloma Township Park District, or anyone connected with the league in any way, will not be responsible for any injuries sustained during, before or after the game in or outside of the building or grounds.
36. The Co-ed League is open to all teams sponsored by a legitimate church.
37. The unforeseen circumstances, where a team cannot make a scheduled game, the Director of Parks and Recreation shall pass judgment on the re-scheduling of the game. League Office: 508 East 11th Street, Rock Falls. Phone: 625-0272.
38. The entire cooperation of everyone in the League, players, umpires, managers, and coaches, must be at its highest at all times in order for the league to run smoothly. Each manager will be personally responsible for each man or woman on his team.
39. The Park District staff shall be in charge of the ball diamonds during the league play. Anyone not abiding by the rules shall be suspended from the league.
40. Players must play in at least 2 regular season games to be eligible to play in the Post Season Tournament.
41. Players may be added to the regular playing rosters because of the following reasons: 1) loss of player to the service; 2) death; 3) health; if due to health, a manager must have a doctor's statement showing why a player must leave the team before he can be replaced. All replacements must be made within two games from the time the regular player was found to leave the team.
42. Only captains and managers can talk to the officials.